TeamBuilders is hiring for an experienced Inventory Specialist to join a rapidly growing Food Processing organization in the Reedley, CA area.
The Inventory Specialist will report directly to the Plant Manager and will be responsible for coordinating, planning, tracking, reporting and managing all inventory as well as coordinating the inbound and outbound logistics of product transfers between the facility and off-site cold storage facilities.
The Inventory Specialist position is being offered on a Direct Hire basis, full-time, day shift. Candidates should be available to work Monday through Saturday between 7:00 AM and 6:00 PM (up to 10 hours per day as required). Company offers an outstanding benefits package and a salary of up to $85K yearly, DOE.
Duties & Responsibilities of the Inventory Specialist to Include:
- Provide direct support to the Plant Manager
- Perform critical Inventory Control tasks such as establishing monthly production and maximization of plant inventory efficiencies (daily cycle counts & physical inventory counts to ensure inventory is maintained at optimum levels)
- Investigate and reconcile any cycle count discrepancies
- Develop and document procedures to ensure inventory related activities are fulfilled in a consistent, accurate and timely manner
- Manage and maintain all reporting data of inventory & logistics related records within company software programs
- Advise plant personnel of priorities and production details
- Coordinate the inbound and outbound logistics of product transfers between the facility and off-site cold storage facilities
- Determine outside vendor purchase requirements and collaborate with vendors to ensure that ingredients and materials are on site to meet production and maintenance timelines
- End of shift production detail communication responsibility to customers and outside support resources including variance to plan
- Adhere to and ensure all Food Safety Guidelines are being met
- Identify and recommend process improvement initiatives related to production performance and planned growth objectives
Required Skills, Experience and Knowledge of the Inventory Specialist:
- Must have at least 5 years’ Inventory Control experience handling the listed duties within a Food Production facility
- A Degree is preferred but a combination of experience and education will be considered
- General knowledge of GMP’s, bills of material, procure to pay processes and supply chain operations
- Professional communication skills (verbal, interpersonal and written)
- Ability to manage multiple, competing deadlines efficiently within an extremely fast-paced work environment
- Strong organizational, time management and project management skills and impeccable attention to detail
- Previous experience with Integrated Planning Systems such as ERP, DRP, MPS, CRP and/or MRP software is required
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to work the day shift up to 10 hours per day Monday through Saturday as required
If you would like to be considered for the Inventory Specialist position, please submit your resume and cover letter for immediate review. Apply Directly!
Please Include Your Responses to the Following in Cover Letter:
- Your availability to interview and begin working in Reedley, CA
- Detailed description of your experience and how it directly relates to the duties listed
- Any additional information that will highlight your experience to successfully perform within this role