TeamBuilders Employment & Business Solutions has an immediate opening for an experienced Office Assistant to join the administrative team of a local food processing company in Fresno, CA.
Within this fast paced position, the Office Assistant is responsible for a variety of general clerical and administrative tasks such as customer service (phone, in person and email), accounting assistance, written correspondence, data entry, filing, answering multi-line phones, order entry, sales assistance as well as running errands. While the position is predominantly clerical/office related in nature, it will require some retail experience and the ability to act as a backup for their retail store operation. This would include operating a cash register and assisting retail customers in person one day per week.
The Office Assistant is being offered on a full-time basis Monday through Friday. The hours are Monday through Thursday from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM and Friday 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM. The starting pay rate for this position is being offered at $20.00 per hour.
Company has been a staple in the community for more than 100 years and is continuing to expand which has led to this excellent opportunity to join a stable organization offering a fantastic work environment, competitive pay and benefits.
We are seeking a candidate who would like to join this professional organization on a long term basis and be a part of the success and growth of the company.
Daily Responsibilities of the Office Assistant:
- Answering multi-line phones
- Assisting customers via phone, email and in person with sales orders (wholesale and retail)
- Entering sales orders into the company database
- Providing support to the Accounting Department by performing accounting duties such as A/P, A/R, Data Entry and processing reports
- Supporting the management team with clerical/administrative tasks such as filing, data entry and written correspondence
- Running business errands such as picking up office supplies, dropping mail at the post office, etc.
- Providing back up support in the retail store including running the cash register and assisting walk in customers
- Assist with industry tradeshows (planning, travel arrangements and representing the company in the exhibit booth)
- Additional duties may be required as necessary
Required Skills & Experience of the Part-Time Office Assistant:
- Must have a minimum of 3 years’ experience in a clerical/administrative role
- Ability to work within the office and the retail location
- Experience with Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable and general Accounting duties
- Strong computer skills (MS Office, ERP systems, Databases, etc.)
- Flexible to handle a variety of tasks and duties
- Excellent ability to prioritize, manage time effectively and be highly organized
- Superior customer service skills (verbal, written and interpersonal)
- Outstanding professionalism and reliability
- Clean driving/DMV record as the position will require the use of a vehicle for errands
- Ability to travel on occasion and represent the company at industry tradeshows
If you are interested in the Office Assistant role and would like to be considered for this opportunity, please submit your resume and cover letter for immediate review. Apply Directly!
Cover Letter Must Include:
- Your availability to interview and begin working in Fresno (specific date)
- A detailed explanation of how your experience relates to this position
- Confirmation that you are able to work full time Monday-Thursday from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM and Friday from 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM
- Confirmation that you have a valid CA Driver License and a clean driving record
- Confirmation that you are able to accept $20.00 per hour, to start