TeamBuilders Employment & Business Solutions is recruiting for an experienced Operations Manager for a Food Processing company in the Fresno, CA area.
The Operations Manager will be responsible for managing all Production Department activity consisting of 3 shifts for a multi-site food production facility under the guidance of the Director of Operations to ensure safety, quality, efficiency, engagement & development of department staff, cost efficiency and compliance with all local and federal regulations while driving improvements and meeting objectives.
The ideal candidate for the Operations Manager will possess a bachelor’s degree in a related field and a minimum of 3 years’ experience as an Operations Manager within a Food Production facility along with a proven track record of success.
The hours of the Operations Manager position will be Monday through Friday between 7am and 4pm but will require overtime as necessary and during peak season. The position is being offered on a Direct Hire basis. Company offers an excellent benefits package and competitive salary of up to $95K yearly, DOE.
The Essential Duties of the Operations Manager:
- Effectively lead initiatives and objectives with a strong level of guidance for continuous improvement projects including EH&S, Quality, Productivity, Budget & Costs, Employee Development and Customer Fulfillment
- Ensure compliance with SQF 8 including HACCP, Food Safety & Defense and GMP’s
- Development, implementation & management of product specifications, budgets and financials in addition to creating action plans for continuous improvement and efficiency
- Provide excellent leadership, management, training and mentorship to all Production Department employees including supervisors (up to 200 employees)
- Collaboration with all departments including QA/QC, EH&S, Procurement, Logistics, Supply Chain, Inventory, Accounting, HR, Maintenance, etc., to ensure proper planning, alignment and optimization of all operations
- Develop and maintain vendor & customer relationships
- Participate in all safety initiatives as a member of the HazMat team
- Documentation and reporting of daily operations
- Additional Operations Management duties as required
The Required Skills, Experience & Education of the Operations Manager:
- A BA/BS Degree in a related field and a minimum of 3 years’ experience is preferred however, a combination of education and experience will be considered
- Must have previous experience as an Operations Manager within a Food Processing facility
- Experience with and knowledge of HACCP, FDA, USDA, FSQA, GMP’s, etc., is required
- Exceptional leadership and management skills
- Professional communication skills (verbal, written and interpersonal)
- Impeccable detail orientation, project management, time management, organizational, problem solving and planning skills
- Proficient computer and industry related software skills (MS Office, ERP, etc.)
- Outstanding ability to collaborate within a team oriented, fast-paced and deadline heavy work environment while maintaining a high level of accuracy, efficiency and compliance
- Flexibility to work multiple shifts and overtime as necessary
If you have the skills and experience we are seeking and would like to be considered for the Operations Manager position, please submit your cover letter and resume for immediate review. Company is looking to begin interviews immediately. Apply Directly!
Please Include Your Responses to the Following in the Cover Letter:
- Your availability to interview and begin working in Fresno, CA
- Detailed description of your experience as an Operations Manager
- Confirmation that you have previous experience as an Operations Manager within Food Production/Food Processing
- Any additional information or details that will showcase your ability to successfully fulfill the Operations Manager role