TeamBuilders Employment & Business Solutions is hiring for an experienced Production Planner to join a food processing company in the Fresno/Madera, CA area.
The Production Planner is responsible for all aspects of raw ingredients & finished product demand planning, inventory replenishment and manufacturing scheduling. This includes management and improvement of relative processes & procedures including product stock levels, material requirement planning, procurement and product sequencing in the manufacturing process. The Production Planner will collaborate with the production team and management team to support and contribute to continuous improvement projects and objectives for all active products including multiple new products & projects.
The ideal candidate will have strong experience managing large amounts of food ingredients, tracking, reconciling and costing. A highly collaborative individual with a proactive approach who tackles problem solving and decision making with a strong analytical and data-driven mindset.
Within this fast-paced Food Processing facility, the Production Planner role will require strong analytical, organizational, time management, project management and detail orientation skills to fulfill company’s production objectives. Duties will include a hands-on approach to meet these objectives and will consist of Production Planning, Production Scheduling, Inventory Management, Purchasing, Logistics Coordination, Forecasting, Cost Analysis and Budgeting.
The Production Planner position is being offered on a Direct Hire/Permanent basis and the hours of the position are Monday through Friday, daytime hours and may require overtime and weekends as necessary. Company offers an excellent benefits package and a team oriented work environment. The starting salary range is $90K+ yearly, DOE.
The Daily Responsibilities of the Production Planner:
- Production Planning Oversight; Optimize scheduling of production runs and coordinate all raw materials needed for each run for all established and new product lines
- Monitor production yields and efficiency
- Demand Planning of finished products
- Coordinate outbound logistics from the production facility to the customer distribution center and/or 3rd party storage facility
- Interact frequently with sales, production, logistics, quality assurance teams, and finance personnel with a collaborative, team focused approach
- Create, maintain and present key performance metrics, reports, and standard operating procedures that relate to operations and production
- Focus on continuous improvement as it relates to all planning activities and identify cost/time savings improvements regularly
- Inventory Management; Manage inventory levels of all raw materials and finished goods utilizing inventory management software ERP
- Purchasing and Vendor Relations; Build relationships with vendors, manage raw material procurement timelines, issue purchase orders, and manage inbound shipment logistics
- Weekly reconciliation of invoice and warehouse discrepancies
- Participate in and present information in production planning meetings
- Additional related duties as required
Required Skills, Experience and Education of the Production Planner:
- Minimum of 5 Years’ experience in Production Planning within a Food & Beverage Processing Facility
- A Bachelor’s Degree is preferred however a combination of experience and education will be considered
- Experienced in new product & packaging development of CPG products
- Advanced Purchasing, Cost Analysis and Budgeting Experience
- Professional Communication Skills (Verbal, Interpersonal and Written)
- Outstanding Time Management, Detail Orientation, Project Management, Analytical, Organizational & Supervisory Skills
- Advanced MS Office Skills (Word, Excel, Access & Outlook) in addition to ERP and Accounting systems
- Ability to efficiently work within a fast-paced environment with multiple deadlines and simultaneous projects
- Experienced in production planning with several new product lines
- Strong knowledge of Food Quality & Food Safety Guidelines
- HACCP Certification preferred
If you have the skills and experience and would like to be considered for the Production Planner position, please submit your resume and cover letter for immediate review. Apply Directly!
Please Include the Following in the Cover Letter:
- Your availability to interview and begin working in the Fresno/Madera, CA area
- Detailed description of your experience and how it directly relates with the duties listed
- Confirmation that you have previous Production Planning experience within a Food Processing environment
- Any additional information that will showcase your candidacy for the Production Planner position