TeamBuilders Employment & Business Solutions is recruiting for an experienced Restoration Technician to join a local Damage Restoration company in Fresno, CA.
As a Restoration Technician, you will be responsible for performing inspections and preparing a mitigation plan, performing restoration and remediation procedures related to fire, water and smoke damage. Ideally, we are seeking candidates for this role who have previous experience within the restoration field who hold an IICRC Certificate but will consider candidates who have similar experience without a certification.
The Restoration Technician position is being offered on a full-time, Direct Hire basis Monday through Friday, however this role may require overtime and weekends as necessary. Company offers growth opportunities, a comprehensive benefits package and a competitive wage of $17-$26 per hour, depending upon experience, qualifications and preferred certifications.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities of the Restoration Technician:
- Perform inspections & assess damaged properties to determine the best mitigation plan to salvage and sanitize what can be recovered
- Communicate with customers about scope of work and review necessary paperwork
- Maintain timely and effective communication of information with the Lead Technicians, Supervisors, and/or Managers
- Perform water restoration including but not limited to; extraction, structural and contents drying, dry outs, along with precision demolition and salvage
- Perform mold remediation procedures including preparing area for a post-clearance test to verify results
- Perform fire damage cleanup, smoke & soot removal and deodorization of structural components and contents
- Perform carpet cleaning including but not limited to; spot removal, shampooing, floor care, and upholstery cleanup as required
- Remove all damaged materials/areas including but not limited to; flooring, drywall & baseboards
- Establish and maintain a schedule to ensure all services are delivered in a timely manner with professionalism and empathy
- Ensure all findings and readings are documented accurately and submitted in the required timeframe
- Maintain all company restoration and cleaning equipment, ensure equipment & tools are ready for use and properly, maintain logs of equipment and company vehicle maintenance
- Maintain inventory of & ensure all related supplies, appropriate tools & materials are loaded on company vehicles
- Able to respond to emergency calls after hours and weekends when needed
- Ability to work independently yet cohesively as part of a team in a fast-paced environment
- Follow all Environmental Protection Agency and other applicable federal, state, and municipal regulations for disposal of wastewater and chemicals
- Respond to water jobs and initiate water mitigation according to IICRC standards and Company’s multi-step process including maintaining the proper documentation for the job
- Communicate with customers about scope of work and explain the process
- Perform all other related duties as assigned
Required Experience, Skills & Attributes of the Restoration Technician:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Restoration and/or construction experience preferred
- Professional communication skills; verbal, written and interpersonal
- Strong customer service skills Impeccable detail orientation, time management, planning, project management & organizational skills
- Intermediate software & technology skills such as MS Office, industry related software programs & handheld devices and meters
- Must have reliable transportation and be available on an on-call to report to emergency situations 24/7 as necessary
Physical Demands of the Restoration Technician:
The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this position:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The employee is occasionally exposed to adverse weather conditions and toxic or caustic chemicals. The employee must be able to perform the duties while wearing the appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) when necessary.
This position may also involve confined spaces that one must crawl through such as attics and crawl spaces. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 40 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds or more.
Certificates, Licenses & Registrations:
- Driver’s license with clean DMV report (Required)
- IICRC Certification (Preferred)
If you have the skills and experience to successfully perform the duties of the Restoration Technician, please submit your resume and cover letter for immediate review. Apply Directly !
Please Include Your Responses to the Following in the Cover Letter:
- Your availability to interview and begin working in Fresno, CA
- Detailed description of your experience and how it directly relates to the duties & requirements of the Restoration Technician role
- Please indicate if you have an IICRC Certification or other relevant training and/or experience
- Confirmation that you have a valid CA Driver’s License and a clean DMV record
- Any additional details that will showcase your ability to successfully perform within the Restoration Technician position