Supply Chain Director
TeamBuilders Employment & Business Solutions is hiring for an experienced Supply Chain Director to join the team of a Food Production company in the Fresno, CA area.
This is a new position with an established Food Production company in the Fresno, CA area and the company is seeking experienced candidates who are enthusiastic to grow and develop this new department, implement procedures, objectives and provide excellent leadership to the Supply Chain team. Company is actively interviewing and will make an offer of employment quickly upon identifying the right fit for this role.
The Supply Chain Director position is being offered on a full time, direct hire basis Monday through Friday. Overtime will be required and may consist of Saturday during peak production. Excellent benefits and a competitive annual salary of up to $120K, DOE.
The Essential Daily Duties of the Supply Chain Director:
- Develop and monitor forecasts to identify changes and/or determine their effect on inbound materials and outbound finished goods
- Manage and coordinate all material planning, inventory control, storage, shipping, and receiving functions
- Direct inbound and outbound shipments of raw materials and finished goods
- Define performance metrics for measurement comparison or evaluation of supply chain factors such as product, cost, or quality
- Analyze raw material and finished goods inventories to determine how to improve production efficiency increase inventory turns, reduce waste, or optimize customer service
- Coordinate with Management team to ensure efficient distribution and flow of materials to satisfy customer demand
- Responsible for the direction of work coordination and assessment of the materials management and Distribution Center teams
- Responsible for managing employees including skills development, safety, maintenance, policy administration, discipline, performance evaluation, employee relations, cost control, and problem solving
- Adjust daily work schedules as needed to meet production requirements
- Ensures regulatory compliance of federal, state, and local agencies (DOT, OSHA, EPA, etc.) by monitoring operational performance and ensuring corrective action plans are followed
- Leads development of supply chain operating objectives, planning, and reviewing achievement of objectives, analyzing and reviewing transportation, distribution, and 3rd party performance and monitoring adherence to operating plans
- Establish and implement improvement programs of all business objectives including processes, improved methods, capital investments, and changes to the procedures to improve safety, quality, growth, cost (productivity and controllable costs), service, and culture and efficiently integrate the flow of shipments in and out of the site
- Maintains capital spending budget consistent with the goals and expectations of the business
The Required Skills, Experience and Education of the Supply Chain Director:
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in Supply Chain Management within a Food Production facility handling the duties listed
- A BS Degree within a related field is required
- Professional and effective communication skills; verbal, written and interpersonal
- Strong Purchasing, Cost Analysis and Budgeting experience within a Food Processing environment
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Outstanding Time Management, Detail Orientation, Project Management, Organizational & Supervisory Skills
- Advanced MS Office Skills (Word, Excel, Access & Outlook) in addition to industry related software such as ERP systems, etc.
- Ability to efficiently work within a fast-paced environment with multiple and simultaneous deadlines & projects
- Impeccable knowledge of Food Quality & Safety required
- HACCP Certification required
If you have the skills and experience required for the Supply Chain Director role and would like to be considered, please submit your resume and cover letter for immediate review. Apply Directly!
Please Include Your Responses to the Following in Your Cover Letter:
- Your availability to interview and begin working in Fresno, CA
- Please confirm you have previous Supply Chain Management experience within a Food Processing environment
- Detailed description of your experience and how it directly relates to the listed duties
- Any additional details that will showcase your ability to successfully perform within the Supply Chain Director role