TeamBuilders is recruiting for an experienced Systems Administrator to join a local business in the Fresno, CA area.
The Systems Administrator will provide network, systems and end user support and will be responsible for all systems & networking hardware, operating systems, applications and all IT/IS related duties for a company with multiple locations in the Central Valley. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in database, network and systems administration preferably with at least 5 years’ experience performing maintenance, analysis & resolution planning, technical support and multiple technical duties.
Company offers an excellent work environment and a competitive benefits and salary package of up to $80K yearly, DOE. The Systems Administrator role is being offered on a full-time, direct hire basis.
The Essential Duties of the Systems Administrator:
- Administering, monitoring, implementing, purchasing, performing maintenance & configuration of workstations, hardware, servers, networking equipment, virtualized infrastructure, VoIP/PBX systems, cell phones, fleet GPS systems, security/surveillance systems, cloud services, software deployment as well as databases and ERP systems
- Lead helpdesk & desktop support efforts, ensuring all issues are resolved in a timely manner with limited disruptions
- Troubleshooting, analyzing, documenting and isolating systems errors and resolutions
- Implement, monitor and manage all automation systems & processes
- Evaluate and make recommendations to optimize system performance
- Develop, lead and manage user training & new user set up
- Budget administration and monitoring of IT related expenses
- Vendor relations and contracts management for all IT related services
- Perform backup operations and implement appropriate procedures for data protection, disaster recovery and failover
- Management of capacity, storage planning and database performance
- Additional related duties as necessary
Required Skills, Experience & Education of the Systems Administrator:
- BS Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Systems Administration or closely related field of study preferred however, a combination of education and experience will be considered
- Must have a minimum of 3 years’ experience in Database/Network/Systems Administration performing the duties listed
- Certifications in Linux, Microsoft or other network related programs preferred
- Outstanding analytical, troubleshooting, time management, detail orientation and customer service skills
- Professional communication skills; interpersonal, verbal and written with the ability to explain IT related information to staff, management & end users in a comprehensive manner
- Strong knowledge and experience with VMWare, Microsoft Hyper-V, Windows Server 2008R2/2012/2016, Windows XP/7/10/11, CentOS, SCO Unix, Dynamics NAV, Sangoma Free PBX/PBXact, Yealink, Ubiquiti, Mikrotik, Google Workspace & Hikvision
- Expertise in principles, procedures, techniques, uses, limitations & operations of computer systems as well as business process analysis & business process redesign
- Proven track record of developing and implementing IT strategies, plans, helpdesk, IT operations best practices and expertise in security, storage, data protection and disaster recovery protocols
If you would like to be considered for the Systems Administrator role, please submit your resume and cover letter for immediate review. Apply Directly!
Please Include Your Responses to the Following in Cover Letter/Email:
- Your availability to interview and begin working in the greater Fresno, CA area
- Detailed description of your experience and how it directly relates to the duties listed in the job description
- Please confirm if you have a degree
- Please list any related certifications you currently hold