TeamBuilders Employment & Business Solutions is hiring for a Travel Advisor to join the team of a distinguished travel agency in the Fresno, CA area.
We are seeking a Travel Advisor with at least 1 to 3 years’ experience coordinating Domestic and International travel for both leisure and corporate clients. Entry level candidates will be considered. Position will consist mostly of leisure travel and will require the Travel Advisor to develop business by performing sales and promotional marketing to existing and potential clients.
The Travel Advisor position is being offered on a full time basis, Monday through Friday between the hours of 8:30 AM and 5:30 PM. The salary range is $16.00-$17.00 per hour plus commission, salary is dependent upon experience. Company offers benefits, a spectacular work environment, career advancement opportunities such as industry related educational events and FAM trips in addition to many more fabulous perks.
Daily Responsibilities of the Travel Advisor:
- Determines client needs and preferences, such as schedules, budget, travel insurance and other travel services as necessary
- Researches destinations, pricing, local customs, weather conditions, reviews and other pertinent details
- Arranges and books travel reservations for business and leisure clients
- Plans and books reservations for travel, hotels, rental cars, and special events, such as tours and excursions and calculate total travel costs
- Handles ticketing, deposits and payments for bookings
- Provides clients with professional travel expertise with regard to destination information
- Suggests travel options and locations based on client’s interests and needs
- Reviews visas, vaccinations, and other travel necessities as required
- Coordinates alternative booking arrangements and provides resolution if changes arise before or during the trip
- Maintains client files and records
- Performs sales and marketing to client base in addition to developing new business
- Attends industry related webinars, conferences and other educational programs to keep abreast of the latest industry trends
- Develop and maintain successful domestic and international business relationships with industry professionals such as tour guides, resort managers, chambers of commerce and tour operators
Required Experience, Skills and Qualifications of the Travel Advisor:
- A minimum of 1 year experience coordinating both leisure and corporate travel arrangements is preferred however, entry level candidates with a passion for travel will be considered
- A CTA certification and IATA card are preferred
- Sales, marketing and business development skills are a must
- Impeccable customer service and hospitality industry skills and experience required
- Superior organizational, time management and detail orientation skills
- Professional communication skills (interpersonal, verbal and written)
- Amadeus and ClientBase by Sabre software experience preferred but not required
- Must have a passion for travel and be highly motivated to share your expertise with clients
If you would like to be considered for the Travel Advisor position, please submit your resume and cover letter for immediate review. Apply Directly!
Please Include the Following in Cover Letter:
- Your availability to interview and begin working in Fresno, CA
- Description of your experience or desire to work in the travel industry in addition to your sales experience
- Any additional information that will showcase your ability to successfully perform the duties listed