TeamBuilders Employment & Business Solutions is hiring for an experienced Accounting Clerk to join a dynamic Food Processing company in Fresno, CA.
The Accounting Clerk will complete an extensive training period and will be fully trained on the company’s accounting functions & systems in addition to being cross trained to also provide back-up support in Customer Service and general Office Support. The training period will last through the end of the year (2023) and upon the first of the new year (2024), the main responsibilities of the Accounting Clerk will consist of performing, tracking, reporting and managing the company’s daily financial transactions. Although extensive training will be provided, we are seeking a candidate with previous accounting, customer service and administrative support experience.
Position is Temp to Hire (will become permanent) and the starting hours through the end of the year will differ from the regular hours after the first of the year. The schedule through December 2023 is M-Th 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM & Friday 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM. The regular schedule starting in January 2024 will be M-Th 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM and Friday 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM.
Company offers a fantastic, friendly, rewarding and positive work environment in addition to a benefits package consisting of Healthcare, Dental, Vision and 401K and a starting pay rate of up to $22.00 per hour ($45,760 yearly), DOE.
The Essential Daily Duties of the Accounting Clerk Upon Completion of Training Period:
- Perform Customer Service duties on a back-up basis consisting of answering phones, taking customer orders, entering sales orders into the company’s ERP software and providing support to customers in person, over the phone and via email
- General administrative and clerical duties as needed
- Perform Accounts Payable & Accounts Receivable administrative functions such as; data entry & maintain accurate records of financial transactions, maintaining vendor accounts and files, assisting with A/P check runs, processing credit memos & deductions, review and monitoring of aging reports, A/R deposits & cash receipts, banking deposits & transfers and research & resolve discrepancies
- Processing, sorting, matching, verifying, researching, maintaining and auditing invoices for payments
- Provide back-up support to Payroll as needed and assist with processing & tracking of payroll data
- Assist with Month End and Year End functions
- Additional related duties as required
The Required Skills and Experience of the Accounting Clerk:
- Must have at least 5 years’ experience performing general accounting clerk duties, preferably within a manufacturing or food processing environment
- Strong customer service, administrative and office support skills and experience are necessary
- Microsoft (Word, Excel & Outlook) experience required, MAS 90 or similar ERP software experience preferred
- Impeccable attention to detail, organizational, analytical and time management skills
- Professional communication skills; Verbal, Written and Interpersonal
- Must have the ability to meet deadlines with a high level of accuracy
- Excellent data entry skills
- GAAP knowledge and experience preferred
If you have the skills and experience we are seeking for the Accounting Clerk position and would like to be considered, please submit your resume and cover letter for immediate review. Apply Directly!
Please Include the Following in Cover Letter:
- Your availability to interview and begin working onsite in Fresno
- Description of your experience and how it directly relates to the duties listed within the job description
- Any additional information that will showcase your ability to successfully perform within the Accounting Clerk
- Confirmation that you are able to work within the schedule listed in the job description