TeamBuilders Employment & Business Solutions is recruiting for an experienced Sanitation Supervisor to join a local Food Processing company in the Fresno, CA area.
The Sanitation Supervisor will report directly to the Operations Manager and will be responsible for ensuring the food processing facility and production line equipment is cleaned and sanitized nightly and is ready for use by production the next day, scheduling, reporting, mixing chemicals and solvents, ensuring all sanitation staff are adhering to safety guidelines and performing inspections of equipment such as electrical wiring and control panels are not damaged during cleaning.
The Sanitation Supervisor position is being offered on a Temp to Hire, Full-Time basis Monday through Friday between the hours of 3:00 PM and 11:30 PM. May require flexibility to adjust work schedule depending on the production needs of the business. Company offers an excellent benefits package, positive work environment, room for advancement and a starting pay rate of $19.00 per hour.
Essential Daily Duties of the Sanitation Supervisor:
- Supervise, train, schedule and evaluate the work of Sanitation staff including issuing disciplinary action if necessary
- Plan and organize departmental goals considering feedback from other departmental supervisors/managers
- Clean heavy-duty food processing machinery and facility with use of proper chemicals and tools
- Complete proper and accurate documentation for quality assurance purposes
- Communicate with the Production Manager, Operations Manager, Administrative staff and/or other department supervisors to troubleshoot issues and make recommendations for improvement
- Follow Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP), Safe Quality Foods (SQF) policies and maintain superior plant cleanliness and sanitation
- Adhere to and ensure compliance of Master Cleaning Schedule and Sanitation Checklist in addition to all safety practices including wearing required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Responsible for removing PAC belt and cleaning thoroughly, cleaning all production equipment which may require pushing/pulling heavy equipment
- Attend safety meetings on a regular basis
- Additional related duties as required
Required Skills and Experience of the Sanitation Supervisor:
- Must have a minimum of 3 years’ experience as a Sanitation Lead or Supervisor within a Food Production Facility
- Ability to perform all the duties listed in addition to operating a floor scrubber and waxing machine
- Previous experience using and mixing industrial strength cleaning chemicals and solvents
- Compliance with daily, weekly and monthly Environmental testing
- Must adhere to and ensure all sanitation staff is performing within the company safety guidelines
- Accurately complete and follow Master Cleaning Schedule and Sanitation Checklist to ensure compliance
- Professional communication skills (verbal, interpersonal and written)
- Effectively communicate any issues to the Operations Manager and/or other department managers
- Must have a strong understanding of and experience with Good Manufacturing Practices & Safe Quality Foods policies
- Intermediate software skills; MS Office, industry related software programs and reporting
If you would like to be considered for the Sanitation Supervisor position, please submit your cover letter and resume for immediate review. Apply Directly!
Please Include Your Responses to the Following in Your Cover Letter:
- Your availability to interview and begin working in Fresno, CA
- Detailed description of your experience in Sanitation and how it directly relates to the job duties listed above
- Confirmation that you are able to work M-F from 3:00 PM to 11:30 PM